And speaking of Steve Gunn, I’m going to leave a few photos and vignettes (for simplicity’s sake) of my time at Transfigurations II in Marshall, NC last week:
- Sitting with a couple hundred people in an old high school auditorium with paper lanterns decorating the ceiling listening to Mount Eerie sing of the Northwest, pumpkins, coffee, and walks the through the trees. The audience was completely silent and memorized.
- Lying in the grass, Steve Gunn’s soft guitar tones, drifting in and out of a midafternoon dreamscape, eyes skyward, clouds gliding over the hills
- Overexposure to North Carolina summer sun, remedied by beer
- Me standing ankle deep in the French Broad River being all introspective as two dudes washed each other’s hair next to me
- Sitting under a tree at dusk. Sound of crickets, rush of the stream, Little Wings singing. The collective realization of everyone surrounding me about how surreal and special the moment was